The city of Jaisalmer is a magical place full of a storied history, vibrant culture, beautiful scenery, and a historic and culturally significant legacy. It’s a top tourist attraction since it offers something no other place does. There is something to see and do in every part of this city with Travel Agents in Delhi, and visitors will be constantly amazed.
Even the bright turbans that the men of the area wear, which have a distinct personality, give you the impression that you have traveled through time.
A UNESCO World Heritage Site
Stunning in design, the Jaisalmer Fort has been recognized for its historical and architectural significance by UNESCO. Every part of this magnificent fortress is crafted from beautiful yellow sandstone. Sunsets are the main attraction. Thus many people go here only for that. Sunlight adds a dazzling sheen to the whole fortress.
The Great Indian Thar Desert
Regarding tropical deserts, the Thar Desert is tenth on the list. It is a natural border between India and Pakistan and spans about 200k kilometers. As a major tourist destination, Jaisalmer’s Thar Desert welcomes visitors from all over the globe. Camping in the desert, riding camels, and exploring the unique ecosystems of the desert are among the top activities that can be enjoyed here with the help of Travel Agencies in Delhi.
Jaisalmer was formerly a major commercial hub
Since it was located on the road that led from the west to China, Jaisalmer was once an important commercial hub because of its strategic location. At that time, most merchants avoided the difficult journey via the mountains of central Asia and chose the southern route through India.
With the commerce center relocated from Jaisalmer to Bombay under the British administration, Jaisalmer’s economy began to collapse. This fall accelerated following the partition of India when the road between the two cities was cut off entirely.
Massive human settlements in the desert
The Jaisalmer Fort is the biggest inhabited fortress in the world’s deserts. Additionally, it is the second oldest fort in the state of Rajasthan. The building itself is a prominent monument, and it is home to thousands of people. In addition, you can visit numerous stores specialize in selling items made by locals through Travel Companies in India.
Interesting facts About Jaisalmer Fort for travelers
Some of the most interesting facts about the Jaisalmer fort are as follows:
- A wall that is 30 feet high surrounds this fort. Now, a fifth of the city’s inhabitants calls that neighborhood home. The occupants of the fort complex regularly get water from one of the numerous wells. The fort is a perfect example of the harmonious combination of Rajput and Mughal architecture.
- This stronghold has a 15-foot-long underground basement.
- After India’s independence and subsequent division, the old trading network was shut down. However, Jaisalmer Fort showed its worth during the 1965 and 1971 Indo-Pakistani wars.
- Many people though Travel Companies in Delhi, come to see the fort at night because the view is captivating.
- There are a few structures that are older than 10 years. In Jaisalmer, you’ll find numerous grand and attractive structures constructed of yellow stones. The drainage system of the fort is impressive as well.
Jaisalmer, in a nutshell, is a major commercial hub and a historic city. This is because of its strategic location and the camel trade routes that pass through it. As a result, it’s often described as the Golden City.
If you’d like to chat about visit India or need help finding a holiday to suit you we’re very happy to help.
Ghum India Ghum Travel Agency in Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Ghum India Ghum – Travel Agent in Delhi | Tour Operator in Delhi
Grab a cab :- Delhi’s best car rental company
Ghum India Ghum team.
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org